Friday, October 22, 2010

Dear Julia,

Last night, you were so present with me, it was like we were face to face. I hope one day you'll have the joy of carrying your own children, and feeling their spirits so strongly that it's like you've known them for a long time before you ever get to kiss their cheeks.
You were so full of optimism, excitement, and energy. Your movements were joyful, celebratory dances that your time to enter the world is soon approaching. I was taken aback at how happy, and confident you seemed about your arrival, because I happened to be at the end of a rather exhausting, stressful day. You reminded me about the miraculous gift of life that I've been given. Thank you for your strength, courage, and energetic optimism.
The women we are naming you after, Julia Ward Howe and Julia Mavimbela had such characteristics as well. They preached peace in times of conflict, worked to make their worlds a more beautiful place to be, cherished the gifts they'd been given, and sought to share them with others, less fortunate.
Somehow, even though I have yet to look into your face, I know you'll be a sister to them. Your spirit is full of vigor, your heart sweet and tender. I love you! I'm so glad you're on your way! I'll do my best to open the doors for your sweet spirit to thrive and grow and become all that it can be while you're in my care.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Simply beautiful!

I think it's amazing that you are already able to become acquainted with little Julia and her personality.

Can't believe she's almost here!