Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hooray for Love!

Today marks the completion of our fourth year of marriage! What a happy day! I remember how everything seemed to just float past us on our wedding day...like the rest of the world was about 100 miles away from our little bubble of bliss.
Today was not quite so bubbly blissful, but it was a beautiful day, nonetheless. Jason came home between his split shifts (he took his last final yesterday--yippee!) and helped me bring order into our chaotic house. Then he played with Rudy while I enjoyed baby free cooking. (I never realized how relaxing cooking can be, when you suddenly don't have a one year old vying for your attention or trying to get into dangerous things while you are trying to "stir constantly at a low simmer") Anyway, I made us one of our favorite meals, stuffed bell peppers, which we enjoyed while our bundle of joy was napping. Before I put Rudy down for his nap, we watched our wedding video as a family. I think it's the first time Rudy's seen it (shame on us!). He loved it! I'm sure one day he'll ask us where he was while we were having all that fun.
On Saturday we'll hopefully make it out on a date, to more officially celebrate, but for now, I'll just sigh my most blissful sigh and contemplate all the things I love about my rockin' husband:
I love your sacrifice of your time and energy to make it possible for me to stay home with Rudy.
I love your physical strength (many a pickle jar would have remained unopened without you!)
I love the ferociousness with which you protect your family time.
I love your eyes, your crooked teeth smile, your chuckle.
I love the dedication you show to self improvement.
I love your tenderness with Rudy and me.
I love your level headedness.
I love your wit and charm.
I love your warm hands.
I love your friendship.
I love your courage.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
Love,
Your Cheeky Monkey
:)