Rudy checking out the new arrivals.
We typically use cloth diapers, and I really enjoy it, for the most part. The cloth diapers are more bulky than paper, so it's hard to find pants that fit over Rudy's bubble bum, but otherwise, it feels good to be more earth and money friendly. That said, it's always nice to have a disposable option available, for weekend trips and the like.
On that Saturday evening, I didn't know how valuable those diapers would be. I just thought, "How nice of someone to be so generous and thoughtful." By Sunday afternoon, I realized that my Father in Heaven had provided for my needs before I even knew I had them.
Rudy has had pretty intense diarrhea for the last 24 hours or so. He has (literally) blown through more diapers than I would have ever been able to stay on top of if we were using cloth. We'd have run out sometime last night and had to do a load of diapers in the middle of the night while hoping Rudy didn't have any "incidents" before fresh diapers were available. I know this isn't a huge crisis, but it feels so good to know that God knows and cares about our needs (even minor things like making an attack of the runs less frazzling for all involved).
This mystery delivery couldn't have been more perfectly timed. I believe that someone must have been following a prompting from our Father in Heaven. Like Elder Jeffery R. Holland said in his last Conference talk, "My brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In so doing am I testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face" (The Ministry of Angels, Oct. 2008 General Conference). I'm so glad that whoever dropped those diapers on our doorstep followed the prompting they were given. They have blessed the our family with convenience and testimony.

No comments:
Post a Comment