Yippee. Rudy's hit another first. He's successfully caught his first, full blown stomach bug. Sigh. He's a cool kid though. He rolls with the punches pretty well, and doesn't complain too much about the fact that he's eaten nothing but oatmeal, saltines, and toast since Monday afternoon. And he's extra snuggly. My laundry chute is full of errr...soiled...bedding and clothing. My dishes are piling up on the counters, my head is a bit foggy for all the movies we've been watching the last couple of days. It's 3 pm and I'm still in my jammers. (I love being 28 and still getting to call my pajama's jammers.) :)
It's days like this that I'm SO grateful to be a stay at home mom, really. When I can focus on caring for my little man without a worry about who will cover my shift, or what my boss will say if I tell him I need to stay home one more day. When I don't have to start considering who I'm close enough to that I could even consider calling to ask if they'll watch over my explosive darling while I fulfill some stupid 'commitment' to my work. Sigh.
Thanks Jason, for working your tail off for us. And for checking on us at 3 am to offer help 'freshening up' Rudy's bedding. And for understanding when I serve Ramon Noodles for dinner tonight. I love you. :)
1 comment:
I've been thinking the same thing the last few days (we've both been sick...again. ugh.), and as I was letting Sunshine cry in her crib (because she was so tired she wouldn't let me help her fall asleep) I thought about how glad I was that I didn't have the pressure of needing to be at work. I seriously don't know how working mothers do it. Thank heavens for husbands like ours that are willing to work hard to support us!! (and good job to us, mothers, for being willing to live within a budget :))
Post a Comment