Friday, July 30, 2010

Rudy's Got A BIKE

My mom found a mini bicycle at a garage sale a couple weeks ago.

The day before, I'd bought a bike helmet for Rudy at DI, because he's been so interested in riding bikes and whether bike riders remembered their helmets or not. I figured Rudy could ride his big wheel 'bike' with his helmet on, and feel a bit advanced.

On his rocket red and blue 'real' bike, he's feeling quite advanced-stellar, even. The first few days it was like Christmas morning every day-and after every nap. The first thing he'd ask for upon waking was to go outside and ride his bike. Hence, I'm in my pj's in this shot:

He's still lovin' it weeks later, though he's thankfully not so obsessed with it anymore. (2 year old obsessions can be rather high maintenance, if you can imagine.)





He's not interested in the pedaling mechanics yet-still enthralled with the amazing steering ability he's got. (This baby's got a WAY better turning radius than his big wheel.) Hopefully soon he'll be less than content for me to push him around and decide to tackle pedaling.

No comments: