Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Jason turned 28 on July 31st. I've been putting off the post because I haven't gotten a picture of him enjoying his rockin' hammock he got from his parents, but I figure now that it's the 22nd of August, this is getting a bit ridiculous. I'll just have to do a separate post for the hammock. It really deserves it's own post anyway-Jason has been LOVIN' it. I'm surprised I haven't gotten a good pick, but usually when he's relaxing in his hammock, I'm relaxing in the bed...

Anyway-we had a lot of fun celebrating Jason's big day. We started about a week early and celebrated every chance we got. My parents took Rudy for us the night before Jason's birthday and kept him until 5 pm the next day. We had a blast being just us for a while, deciding on the spur of the moment what to do, not having to worry about getting home for a babysitter or for nap time or what not. Probably my favorite part of Rudy's sleepover with my parents was waking up and just staying in bed until we felt like getting up. That was a treat!

Here are the pictures I have to commemorate Jason's big day. :)

The birthday card Rudy picked out from the multitudes of cards at the store with Oma. She said he took a LOOONG time to choose, carefully examining each card. When he found this one, Rudy laughed, "Rufus is eating a cupcake! Daddy will like this!"

The Death by Chocolate Costco Cake that Jason requested for his birthday celebration.
Rudy placed the candles. The eight represents the fact that Jason is now 28. The other candles are because we couldn't find a two, and Rudy really thought we needed more than just a couple candles on the cake.
Here's Rudy leading the Happy Birthday song.

Jason and Rudy blowing out candles.

The remains of the giant slice of ultra chocolate cake we had as a dessert at Tucanos.

Jason's birthday wish: a night out at Tucanos. We decided to bring Rudy along and it turned out to be a really fun family outing. Rudy at most his meal with the mini tongs they give you to grab meat off the slab as waiters come and slice it off for you. He called the tongs his "baby alligator".

1 comment:

Marla said...

I had a piece of that chocolate Costco cake once, and I'm ruined for life! Delicious! Birthdays at your place look like a blast.