Monday, August 9, 2010

The Zoo!

Sigh. I'm way behind in my blogging. I wish I felt more creative right now, but, alas, you'll have to put up with a strictly documentary style post to record my son's first trip ever to the zoo. It really was a blast...

Feeding the ducks, geese, swans...various other water fowl. Rudy really loved it when the ducklings came by to get his food pebbles. Jason's blood pressure stayed above healthy until his son was no longer in peril of drowning. (Yes, those are fences all around the water. No, they did not help my poor husband relax in the slightest.) ;)

Deciding if this really was a 'safe choice' to drink from the mouth of a lion.

A family shot with the giraffes. Rudy was actually quite nervous about these big guys. More so than the alligators or tigers or any of the other deadly predators we saw.
Favorite Rudy quote from the whole trip: As the carousel sets into motion, and his eagle begins to rise, Rudy exclaims ecstatically to me: "I'm fwying! I'm reawy fwying!" Of course, milliseconds later he realized that his eagle was in fact, attached to a pole and was just going to go up and down through the ride, but that moment of exhilarated flight was enough for him (and me). Totally made the ridiculous price of the ride worth it. :)

Family shot riding the train. Rudy loved it...so I guess that's good enough. :) I'd never recommend the ride to anyone over 3 years old though...unless, of course, you're accompanying a small child, in which case, their excitement almost makes up for the scripted jokes of the engineer. ;)

We brought home two souvenir peacock feathers we found along the way. They were Rufus' favorite toys for a good 2 weeks (after which they were so thrashed I finally threw them away.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The train ride always makes me laugh. You get on - go about sixty miles per hour for about sixty seconds, then get off.

Glad you guys had a great time!