Julia and Opa
Rudy's really getting pretty good with holding Julia. He's a loving brother, and getting more loving with each day. Today he started making little comments like "Hello Miss Juila!" and "Look at her cute little bum!" It's so nice to see him doting on her. I'm still bracing myself for him to get sick of her, but so far, so good. :)On Friday, we absolutely HAD to get outside. Both Rudy and I needed some vigorous exercise, and some time to goof off together, like we did when Julia was still in my belly. I strapped Julia onto my chest, where she slept contentedly while we built a giant leaf pile and played all sorts of games with it.
Rudy's favorite was a simple DESTROY THE LEAF PILE game. He'd run at it, plop himself into the middle of it, and then make havoc of all those unsuspecting peaceful little leaves. Then I'd chase him with fist fulls of leaves all over the park.
It was good for him. He's had so many "be gentle" prompts lately, that I'm sure it was a relief to just be as wild as wild can be.
All three of us left in good spirits, though Julia may as well have been napping at home for all the notice she took of our rumpus. She's so easy to please. So long as there's food, warmth, and a loving touch, she's content. :)
1 comment:
She's beautiful Maria. I can't wait to meet her in person. Congratulations again. I'm so happy for you and your little family.
Post a Comment