Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Rudy!

Dear Rudy,
We had a kind of low key birthday party for you this year. Just you, Julia, Daddy and me, along with the colds you and Julia had. You didn't mind, though. For you the day was a great day, a perfect day. Because there were balloons and party blowers and birthday cake. I love that about you. You find joy and satisfaction in simple things. You make the world around you an exciting place to be.
You make my world a beautiful place, too.
Thank you for showing me how to be brave and fight ogres, even if my knees are buckling in fear. Thanks for teaching me all about what dragons like to eat, and how exactly they eat it. Thanks for telling me exciting stories about brave little mice and greedy goblins and little boys named Rudy who save the day.
Thank you for being flexible about play time and meal time and everything else as I get a handle on being Julia's mom as well as yours. Thanks for finding a spot on my lap as I nurse so I can get my Rudy snuggle time in too. Thanks for whispering to me that you love me as I close your bedroom door at night.
I love you. I'm proud of you. I hope you have a great year being three!
Love,
Mommy





2 comments:

k e a l a said...

We thought about him all day on the 12th. The cake is also pretty rockin by the way.

Happy Harrison said...

oh yeah, and I love his cake. well done. :)