Rudy taking a 'heroic' pose and showing his muscles in his skivvies.
On July 4th, Rudy declared independence from diapers. Boom, baby!!! Some of you may know how totally anxious I was about the whole potty training thing. We'd had several false starts over the last 18 months or so. I was really hesitant about trying again, but also feeling really tied in knots about the fact that my 3 1/2 year old was still wearing diapers.
With some firmish 'nudging' from my lovely husband, I agreed to go cold turkey and simply tell Rudy that when his last diaper from the box was used up, we wouldn't be buying anymore, ever, and he would be wearing underwear from that time hence. I was surprised at how easily he took to the idea. Maybe the fact that we agreed to use the first $50 we saved in diaper money to purchase the ever longed for electric train set helped. :)
Within 3 days, Rudy was pretty much independent in his toileting skills. It was really no sweat, and kind of a non-issue for Rudy. None of this "look at me, I'm a big boy now" stuff. Just a switch of where his does his thing. Maybe some day I'll figure out that transitions are just a part of life and nothing to be fretted and stewed over for weeks/days before they occur. Maybe. ;)
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! (caps and lots of exclaimation points-I'm super happy for you. :) )
way to go...Mommy! You have raised one diaper-free child. You deserve something wonderful.
Post a Comment