Sunday, August 15, 2010
Apricot Jam
Two sink fulls of apricots from friends' trees...
countless bubbling sweet concoctions of pureed fruit, pectin, apple juice, and a touch of honey or sugar...
Every canning worthy jar we could muster from our stash, a friend's garage, and another friend's mom's basement...
Lots of stirring, stirring, stirring...
makes for a delicious bounty of my favorite kind of jam ever, and a day well spent with a great friend. We both felt extremely domestic-glowingly domestic I'd say.
Sometimes, (definitely NOT all the time, but SOMETIMES), I don't mind the old and extremely biased statement, "A woman's place is in the kitchen." Sometimes, the kitchen is a perfectly heavenly and productive place to be, and I feel right at home there with friends and family and good conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy smokes batman! That's a lot of jam! I made two batches of apricot freezer jam (about 15 small jars) and felt like that was enough to last 'till the millennium, but it looks like I know where to come if we're running short in the next 100 years.
Post a Comment