So, I had a birthday last month. My family helped me ring it in with style-I LOVED how we celebrated.
On the Sunday before my birthday, my side of the family all gathered for a delicious meal to celebrate both mine and my aunt's birthdays. It was a most delightful evening.
Then, the Saturday before my big day, my in-laws took Rudy for us ALL DAY LONG, and Jason worked his heiny off the week before so that we could spend the entire day just being together. No house stuff, no school, no kids...just us. Sigh. It was heavenly-truly heavenly.
We started the day with our Hypnobirthing class, then headed to the farmer's market with some birthday money from family in my pocket to spend on jewelry. I haven't bought jewelry since our honeymoon-and that was a $5 pair of earrings. I'm kind of a picky jewelry person. The price has to be right, AND it has to 'sing' to me. You know what I mean? I have yet to find 'singing' jewelry in a department store, so we headed to the stands in the farmer's market-stands run by local artists who create their wares in their kitchens or basements or whatever.
Anyway, to make a long story short, I found a necklace, two pairs of earrings, and a ring that I absolutely adore and that I feel good about, because they're made of recycled or natural materials, by women who live within 20 miles of me. I think that's cool-maybe a bit hippie, but I've always been a bit hippie, so it fits. :)
Anyway, I love wearing my new things. It's amazing how much a little jewelry can change the way a woman feels. I put those niceties on, and I automatically feel more beautiful, more feminine, and more 'put together'. All nice things to be able to feel in my 3rd trimester. :)
Next we did the traditional Tucanos birthday meal (they do this great birthday club where you get a buy one meal get one free coupon in the month of your birthday). It was SCRUMPTIOUS!!
Anyway, it's taken way too long to finally post about my 29th birthday. Supposedly, this is the age I'm supposed to claim for the next decade, but I don't know...I'm kinda looking forward to entering my 30's-an exciting new era awaits! :)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you! :)
And quick question for you, Maria! Would mind emailing me your bread recipe - the one that we had when we came over for dinner? It was so good and we'd love to make it.
brittannyhanson (at) gmail.com
I am so glad you had such a wonderful birthday!! We love you!
Post a Comment