Today was a good day.
It was the kind of day that reminds me how lucky I am to be living my life.
The day started out a little rocky with an ultra early wake up from Rudy following a long night with Julia, but all the grump I could muster melted away when I found a beautiful potted plant from Jason sitting on our dining room table.
This from the man who was gone 'till long after I fell asleep yesterday. From the man who I know has about 100 million things going on in his life right now and has zilch time to spent shopping around for a Valentine's gift for his wife who had already told him not to worry about being romantic in the slightest this year.
And yet, there the plant sat, in the middle of our uncleared dining room table, bringing beauty into that mess and most of all reminding me that Jason knows me better than anyone, and he loves me. That's about the most beautiful thing I can think of. So yeah, my day got better-fast. :)
I spent the day with Rudy and Julia pretending to be all sorts of exciting things-vikings, dragons, cats, giraffes...you name it, and we probably played it today. When things got a bit claustrophobic in the house, we headed outside to the beautiful weather. Just grabbed the diaper bag, a bottle of bubbles, and started walking, planning as we went. Wanna stop at the park? Great. Wanna head to the library? Awesome. How about the thrift store? Right-o. We rounded out the excursion with a final stop at Cafe Rio to order our all time favorite meal (ok, my favorite meal, but Rudy likes it alot too.) -the shredded chicken salad. By then I was tired, and so were my kiddos, so we sauntered home in the golden dusk, Julia sleeping in the Bjorn, Rudy munching on some post salad pretzels, and me just thinking to myself, "Yes. This is the life for me."
I love these kind of days. The ones where everything seems to be just how it should be, and all the troubles that loomed so heavy over me before just sort of melt away, even if just for a day.
I thank God for giving me these days, for reminding me how blessed I am-not in a "People are starving in Africa." guilty sort of way, but in a "Can you believe this is actually YOUR life?" sort of a way. It makes coming back to everyday worries manageable. It fills me up with hope and gratitude and perspective to see me through the rough days, when maybe there's just an uncleared dinner table waiting for me in the morning with no beautiful plant in sight. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment