Rudy saw this recipe in The Friend, a children's magazine the LDS Church puts out. He asked to make them pretty much every day for 2 weeks until I finally got up the gumption to do it. It's one of those recipes that calls for lots of rising time. Like, mix the dough, let rise for 2 hours, form the dough, let rise another hour, etc. I'm a bit of a waiting wimp when it comes to baking. (OK, I'm actually a waiting wimp all around, but let's just focus on baking today.) ;)
They're supposed to be more of a sweet roll, but I was SO not feeling like sweet rolls. We turned them into dinner rolls instead by leaving out the orange zest and not glazing them. I gotta say, it was actually really fun forming them with Rudy, and really gratifying to have them turn out in golden brown perfection. Plus, it's just fun to say- Bunny Buns. :)
I think I'll keep the recipe. Maybe it'll become a spring tradition to make these cute little guys.
1 comment:
Oh good! Maybe I'll have to taste them with the orange flavoring and glaze. Glad ya'll enjoyed 'em! Maybe our families will be united by a common Easter tradition. ;)
Post a Comment