Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ode to Daddy


This post is a good month late. I've been putting it off trying to get a video we took on Father's Day to load, but I'm finally throwing in the towel and dropping the video idea. I don't want to miss lauding my excellent husband.  
See those two kiddos up there? They LOVE their Daddy, and he loves them. Jason  gets what being a Daddy is all about. He gets that dropping everything and chasing after a 'mean guy' with his 3 year old is sometimes the absolute most important thing he could do. He gets that rules and limits are important to hold...and sometimes important to bend. He gets how to help owies feel better, how to ease fears, how to coax belly laughs out of a grumpy baby. He gets that KNOWING his children takes time, attention, and earnest desire. And he gives all that to his fathering, to his children, to his wife. Sure, sometimes I have to remind myself that it's OK if Jason does things a bit differently while he's fathering than I do when I'm mothering, but in the grand picture, it's a joy to parent with him. 
Thank you, Jason, for putting everything you have into this little family. It shows. :)

Oh-Rudy made that Father's Day crown for Jason. Well, he designed it at least-chose the material and shape, directing me what to write where and what not. He was pretty proud of it. 

2 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

What a cute family! That picture of Julia is DARLING!

Matt Parks said...

Awesome! Jason, between the hat and the goat, I'm not sure if you're hoping to become the next Pope or the next 19th-century Prophet! =)