Rudy's fourth year was full of dragon play, so that's what I went with for his birthday party. It was great fun! Each of the kids were dragons, except one friend of his who firmly declared that girls are NOT supposed to be dragons. She was a princess. That worked great because soon enough, one of the other girls had shed her dragon persona, popped on a knight costume, and valiantly went about protecting the princess from all the other dragons. It made for some great play time. :)
Rudy is not a big cake fan, so I made sure to put some of his favorite candies/treats on the cake for him to pick off. It worked out great.
It was fun looking at pictures of last year's party and thinking about the one he'll have a week from tomorrow.
Last year, his whole preschool class was four kids big, Rudy included. We invited each classmate/friend and still had space for a few more neighborhood friends. And all Rudy's close friends were girls.
This year his preschool class is 23 kids big. We had to whittle his guest list down to just 'special' school friends, which felt terrible, but I just couldn't handle the idea of more than 2 dozen kids at a 5 year old's birthday party.
Even after MAJOR whittling, we ended up with 9 kids on the guest list. Mostly boys this time around. We'll see how it goes. That's a bigger party than I have ever thrown before, but hopefully, with my parents helping out, we can pull off a great time, and get to know some of Rudy's new friends and their parents a bit better. Wish us luck!
3 comments:
Hahaha! I saw that first picture and thought "that's not Rudy, that's a girl." Then I started to scroll but realized "Wait a second! That's MY girl!" Then I smiled all over.
Good luck with the party! I bet it will be a blast!
What a rockin' party, Maria!
Maria, you are so creative!
Post a Comment