Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bonsai Hair Styling

I've decided to start a new style sensation: BONSAI HAIR STYLING. Perfect for all those little girls out there who just haven't been endowed with luscious locks of hair just yet.

Julia has been pining-seriously PINING- for her turn to get her hair cut. She sees Rudy and me get our hair cut every couple of months and it's just been killing her that it's been 2 whole YEARS and she has had not a single hair on her head trimmed.

So, today after baths, I pulled out my fabric scissors and trimmed the wisps of hair that were sort of dangling past her hair line in the back of her head. I collected all the hair I'd cut with one little pinch of my fingers, and deposited it on the most handy bit of white background I could find so I could take a quick picture of Julia's first hairs cut.


It turned out to be the back of my stamp book, which is bonsai themed. "How appropriate," I thought, and snapped the picture. I wish I had a picture of my lovely little girl sporting her first ever hair cut, but my camera batteries went dead. Bed time needed to march steadily on, so you'll just have to imagine how she looks missing about 20 one inch strands of hair from the back of her head. 

That's right: 
just as adorable as always. ;)