Wednesday, November 26, 2008
WE HAVE A PUPPY!
Ok, my parents have a puppy, but that's almost better; we get to visit and enjoy all Sam's cuteness without the poop scooping, carpet cleaning, dog training, etc. duties. As my brother and his wife said, it's like having a grandchild. :)
Vati has been agonizingly dogless for 12 plus years. For his birthday, he bought Sam, an 8 week old,quarter black lab, quarter pointer and half pure golden retriever. That means he'll get to be around 50-60 lbs!
Mutti saw the puppies for sale in front of the grocery store last Friday. She realized that these were just the kind of dogs Vati has been wanting, and thought what a good time it would be to bring a dog into the family. She called Vati to check them out and he acted disinterested, though he secretly arranged to pick up one of the dogs the following Monday night. Then he told me all about it and made me promise secrecy. When it comes to exciting news, I am NOT a good secret keeper. I kept feeling the good news bubbling up, trying to get out, while we were all together on Sunday for a combined birthday dinner for Vati and Thomas.
Luckily, the secret survived and Sam enjoyed a triumphal entrance into the family. Rudy and I spent Tuesday and Wednesday at my parents' house so that the two little guys could get acquainted. They have already exchanged hearty licks (gross, I know, but what can you do with two babies?) I think they're gonna be great friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment