Eating at a Drive In
Heading off to his next destination.
Taking the turns slow and steady.
"Pardon me...Do you have any Grey Poupon?"
My sweet little man has LOVED cars since he was about 3 months old. (Maybe before that, but that's when I first noticed him turning his head to see them better.) He constantly asks to 'drive' (ie. sit in the driver's seat and push as many buttons as possible while still moving the steering wheel practically non-stop.)
On Friday morning, Rudy was asking to drive AGAIN, and Jason had the car. I decided to put a couple of those moving boxes we have piled in our garage to good use, and we spent about half an hour building Rudy's dream car. He instructed me as to the decorations and accessories, and helped a bit, when he could tear himself away from the steering wheel (which we put on first, of course).
As soon as the car was complete, Rudy climbed (jumped, more like it) in and 'zoomed off' to see Oma Pat. It was the sweetest thing to have him telling me where he was driving to, though when he told me he was off to find kids, it kinda pulled a heart string. There are kids everywhere in this neighborhood...they just don't come out to play the same way the kids in our old condos do. Maybe because their mommies have more than 800 sq feet to wrangle them in. Whatever the reason, it makes for some pretty lonely trips to the park.
I just need to give myself time to get to know people well enough to call them and invite them to our house, I guess. I hate giving myself time. I wonder if I'll ever come to peace with the fact that life takes time to happen. But that's a topic for another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment