The not so fun part of the day? Dealing with the effects of this smooth going pregnancy on the rest of my life. I wouldn't call myself necessarily nauseous just yet, but I definitely lack appetite. And I lack energy. Oh MAN do I lack energy. Like I spent the better part of the day sitting either on the couch or on one of our front room chairs. I served Rice Krispies for dinner around 5:30. Rudy pecked at his. About 6:30, he asked me to make our go to meal, Greisschmann. (An Austrian dish consisting of cream of wheat, eggs, milk, and a little salt all scrambled up in a frying pan.) I put him off and put him off, thinking I'd make the thing only to have him take two bites and be done. Finally I acquiesced to his request, feeling a bit lame for trying to pass Rice Krispies as dinner. I, of course, had no desire to eat, and couldn't imagine that anyone else in the world could want to put one more morsel in their mouths. My poor little man--he ate almost the whole batch of Greisschmann-a batch that usually feeds both of us comfortably. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get myself to fix decent meals for the family, even when food seems so cumbersome to me. Funny, once I start eating, I generally over-eat, like my body's unsure of the next time I'll be convinced to feed myself, and is trying to take advantage of the moment. Sigh. I did munch some pickles as Rudy gobbled his Greisschmann. A little cliche maybe, but I didn't care. Pickles felt good to eat. Maybe I needed the electrolytes.
I'm going to bed now. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll feel up to cleaning up the grand mess that Rudy and I created while attempting to do as little as possible.
I'll try to think of nurturing my little Peanut as the great and important task I accomplished, because otherwise, I'd be hard pressed to list anything more significant than showering myself. I did fix pancakes for breakfast...and keep Rudy from any great risk of injury....maybe I'll count those too.

3 comments:
Not that you need to hear this but I'll share my feeling about pregnancy in general, but especially about first trimester pregnancy with little ones...DON'T FEEL GUILTY WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! You probably have at least a few more weeks of complete exhaustion and your house will undoubtedly fall apart, but I can guarantee there will be no long term affects on your family members. They will forget the horrors of pregnancy faster than you will. They will forget the hunger, the lack of good meals, clean clothes, tidy rooms, one-on-one attention, etc. etc. etc.
I remember thinking that I had surely damaged Sunshine forever by allowing her to watch so much TV during my first trimester, but as soon as I was "back to normal" (aka-able to do something besides sleep and fill her bowl with cereal) our life went right back to how it was. No damage done.
So again (not like you need to hear this), just "relax" (ha! 'cuz pregnancy is SOOO relaxing), sit on the couch, do what you can...or don't, and know that no matter how much it feels like you're being a "bad" mom or wife, things will be back to normal in no time.
oh,
and congrats on the little peanut!! Ultrasounds are so fun!
Ha! Actually, I totally needed to hear that. Sigh. It's so easy to get frustrated with the lack of anything (i.e. good food, clean clothes, un-crusty floors, tables, dishes, walls...) around here lately. Most of the time Jason ends up pulling the place together, but that's not always so ideal 'cause he (understandingly so) gets tired of doing his job and then coming home and doing mine too. So anyway, thanks for the reassurance that someday (hopefully sooner than later) I'll be back to my old self again. It's easy to get lost in the 1st trimester haze and wonder if you were ever even human. ;)
Post a Comment