I think most everyone knows that marriage can be all sorts of things. Fun, exciting, hard, boring, stressful, heaven-sent, heartbreaking, healing....
Jason is just such an awesome companion through it all. He's the kind of husband I would wish upon every bride.
Yesterday, I had one of those hit you in the face, knock you off your feet, first trimester of pregnancy fatigue attacks. I was SO tired. Jason scooped the kids up (I was babysitting) got them dressed for the outdoors, and played with them. Then, when I was telling him how I was in one of those quick sand kind of naps where you really want to get up but you just can't seem to do it, he put on some fun music, had Rudy lead me in some calistenics exercises, and did crazy dance moves while jumping through the 'landing' between the hallway and the kitchen. (So I just got these hiliarious glimpes of his body in all sorts of contorted forms flying through the air.)
It got me laughing so much I cried, partly 'cause of the laughing, and partly because I was just so grateful to have a husband that I can also call my best friend. I know that's the way its supposed to be, but sometimes it doesn't stay that way for everyone. Husbands and wives morph from friends into associates or co-workers somewhere through the years and kids and craziness of running a household and building a career. We've slipped into that trap ourselves a few times through our little 5 year marriage. I'm so glad Jason is in tune enough and invested enough to work with me to consistently fight that slippery slope and keep our relationship more than business, more than "of course I love you, you're my WIFE/HUSBAND."
Jason- you're the coolest. I love being around you. I hope you can interpret that from my exhausted attempts to cuddle into you (or even just touch my foot to yours) when you join me in bed after a late shift at work. I promise the first trimester really is only 3 months long and not an eternity. Sooner than later, I'll be dancing with you again. I love you, schmoopie. Thanks for all you do to bless my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment