Grateful...
Jason decided to take the scooter to work today.
I didn't scream at, shame, or swat Rudy when Julia began screaming in pain because of something he did.
I held it together (except for some tears) enough to comfort my daughter, deal with my son, and make phone calls to my mom and Julia's pediatrician.
Julia is covered by Medicaid.
Mutti was in Orem babysitting my niece, so I could drop Rudy off and focus on Julia.
We were able to get right in to see our after hours pediatrician.
The pediatrician was there to diagnose and treat my daughter.
Dislocated elbows get better pretty much instantly as soon as they are popped back into place.
Julia is tough and handled the whole ordeal like a champ.
I was able to read bedtime stories with Rudy and send him to bed with an "I love you."
Both kids are sleeping, and now I can lay my frazzled nerves down to rest too.
Tomorrow is a new day.
3 comments:
Holy Moly!!! Nice job!! I'm so glad it wasn't something worse.
Sunshine's dislocated elbow was the doctor's visit that made her love everything about the doctor because, like you said, it's a super fast fix. Now she thinks she needs to go to the doctor for every tiny thing that hurts her, so that he can instantly make it better.
PLEASE call me if you ever need someone to help last minute!
(glad your mom was close though)
Wow! And I thought Rachel played rough with the baby! ;)
I'm sorry to hear you (and Julia, specifically) had a hard day but you held it together so nicely! Way to go, Mom!
Post a Comment