Monday, March 14, 2011

Reminder

Between soothing a 3 year old with a nightmare, pouring my heart out to my husband, trying to calm down enough to sleep, and nursing my 4 month old, I was awake from 2-6 am last night. As I lay my baby down in her crib, I said a desperate prayer to my Father. "Please, let these children sleep till 8 today. I don't know if I can handle the day ahead if I hear a peep from them before that."
I snuggled into bed and hoped for the best. The next thing I knew, I was hearing some morning coos from the nursery. I peeked at the clock just in time to see 7:59 change to 8:00, and I smiled. I thanked God for reminding me that I am not just talking to thin air when I pray. He is there. He is always there, isn't he?

1 comment:

Happy Harrison said...

yes He is.
I love it when prayers are answered like that.