Friday, September 26, 2008

Patience is a Virtue


Rudy's face says it all. I'm sick. I'm cranky. I have a frustration tolerance level of negative one. And my Momma is ready for the old me back.

Rudy's got a little cold. Nothing earth shattering, but enough to turn my fun loving explorer into a cranky little hermit crab. Poor little guy. Poor, poor me.

Yeah, I guess I'm being a bit self centered here. After all, Rudy's the one that has to chew with his mouth open just to keep breathing. He's the one being attacked by the boogie sucker so he can nurse without passing out for lack of oxygen. He's the one who's head is probably pounding. Wait a minute. My head's pounding too.

For the last two days, I've been struggling to find time to pee in peace, let alone shower, do the dishes or fold laundry. Rudy's been in a constant limbo between that overtired climbing up the walls state and the overtired "I didn't succeed in the first attempt at whatever it is I'm trying to do so now I'm going to melt down in the middle of the floor" state. Neither of which are very fun to be around. In this picture, I'm wearing him in the front carrier in an attempt to bring the house to some kind of order so that perhaps my sanity could tip back over to the normal end of the scale. Soon after I took these pictures, Jason came home and took over Rudy placation duty so that I could finish my war against filth. Later this evening, I went out to run a couple errands BY MYSELF. How refreshing! Anyway, don't think I hate my sweet little man. I'm just happy he's in bed, and I promise I'll be happy to see him again tomorrow morning. (No comment on my feelings about seeing him throughout the night as he makes "Momma, I need you just to rock me back to sleep" requests. Hey, he's sick, and with sickness come certain inalienable rights, such as being coddled. I use that right all the time when I'm sick--ask Jason. ;) )

In the end, I've been able to dig down deep and find the patience required to help my little man get through the day (and night). Who'da thought such a sweet little guy could push my buttons so completely?

1 comment:

Happy Harrison said...

All I have to say is...I understand. Heaven bless us.