Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time flies

So, I'm kinda struggling to keep up with all our splendifferousity lately. In an attempt to skip to the present without losing the past, I'll just do a quick montage of several photos/events from the last couple weeks. Enjoy!
Rudy's becoming my little helper. If I'm "playing" with kitchen things, he wants to play with kitchen things, etc. It's so cute to see how seriously he takes his "work". P.S. nice linoleum , huh? It brings me back to my childhood kitchen. Rudy finds it fascinating, so I guess I can't complain. :)
The family posing with Launi, our Hypnobirthing instructor. This lady is a saint--she actually invited us into her home and spent 2 hours holding a private lesson with us at no extra charge so that we'd be ready to have Rudy with as little medical intervention as possible. (We were a little late in signing up for a class and the last session of our classes was scheduled on my due date. We were glad we did that last class early with Launi, since Rudy had already been breathing fresh air for 3 days by the time our class was learning how to properly 'breath' their babies into the world.) Anyway, Jason and Rudy and I came to one of Launi's classes recently to reassure her current students that non-medicated birth is possible and actually quite exhilarating.
Rudy and his Opa B. (My dad's father). Rudy is learning through first hand experience that his plucky smooth skin will not stay that way forever.
We're out for a morning adventure. Rudy is becoming quite the wood chip Connoisseur. No one can ever say my baby isn't getting enough fiber. :)
I cut up some super sweet and succulent pieces of watermelon for Rudy to practice self feeding with. Turns out, he's a rind man. You can see how he bit the watermelon down to the white part as far as he could reach and then went for the other side. His toothless gums made the cutest "eek eek eek" sound against the rind as he happily chewed away.

Only a baby can look this serious while wearing his pants on his head!

Here's a more dignified shot of our handsome prince. :)

As always, Rudy is ready and eager to try something new. He is about to go from vegetarian to omnivore.

Maybe I have a little Vegan in the making...he doesn't seem too sold on the idea that turkey should go in one's mouth...which is saying alot coming from a nine-month-old.

Once again, rice cereal saves the day. I swear, rice cereal is like baby ketchup--add enough of it and anything's edible.

No comments: