Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blueberries!

Rudy has recently developed a deep love for blueberries. We have (or should I say, had, a five pound bag of frozen blueberries from Costco in our freezer), so I thought I'd try him on one of my very favorite dishes, blueberry pancakes. Now I can hardly serve a meal without at least a few blueberry "appetizers" to prime the pump. (This kid can be hard to convince that it's ok to take time out of his busy day for a bite to eat.)
It's made for, ahem, interesting diapers. (Note to all the cloth diapering moms out there-if you wish your diapers to remain unspotted, do NOT serve blueberries to your child!) Otherwise, though, it's been fun to see the various designs left upon Rudy's face and hands after each blueberry encounter. Kinda like looking at ink blot flash cards. :) Here's just a couple I thought were cute.

Mean Bluebeard and Sweet Papa Smurf

"Hold still!"

"This is the life!"

No comments: