Saturday, March 14, 2009

Disney on Ice

Rudy and I spent Friday with Mom. In the evening, Dad and Jason joined us, and then Jason, Rudy and I spent the night so we could ride up to SLC with Mom and Dad for the big Disney on Ice show we'd been anxiously awaiting for the last week or so. It was a super fun weekend-so nice to spend so much time with Mom and Dad. Since Rudy's got a bit of an early bedtime, Sunday dinners are tough to make it to, so we just haven't gotten out to see Jason's parents nearly as much as we would like to (even though they're only about 25 minutes away from us!) so this weekend was a real treat. (It was also a treat because Mom and Dad not only spoiled Rudy, but Jason and me too. Thanks so much, Mom and Dad!)



Grandma and Grandpa Drummond have provided Rudy with his first live performance: Disney on Ice. He love love LOVED it! I loved it too, and I loved watching Rudy loving it. It was so fun to see him absolutely glued to the action before him, and react to the different characters that came out. It was totally kid-friendly-a super fun way to introduce Rudy to the performing arts.





Rudy was so excited about the whole atmosphere-all the people, all the vendors selling various Disney gadgets. I thought he might get overwhelmed, but really he did great. Not a single meltdown! :)





The whole Drummond clan was there, so Rudy got some quality time in with his cousins. Here's just a few. Maybe some day Rudy will figure out how to pose for the camera like these cuties. :)




Rudy and Aubrey, one of his cousins. They're just a month apart. So far, they've just been kinda playing next to each other while they're together, but at the show, they interacted a bit more. Here's Rudy giving her a hug. Cute, huh? I love it when he decides to give other children hugs. I know it's coming straight from him, 'cause I never prompt him to do it. What a sweet boy!


Rudy and Aubrey mesmerized by the show.

Jason was the baby magnet of the day. On multiple occasions, he had to make room for both kids on his lap. I don't think he minded one bit. I mean, really, what better compliment can you get than small children wanting to be around you? :)

No comments: