Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bike!




Jason and I scavanged an abandoned big wheel out of Provo Canyon yesterday. One of the prongs that holds the big wheel in front was broken, as well as one of the pedals, but it was nothing a little duct tape couldn't remedy. :) It's crazy big for Rudy, but he still gets a kick out of it. At last, he has his own bike. One that will be there at the bottom of the steps everytime, and will never be chained to the bike rack.
Rudy, and several of his friends, have got the breezeways memorized. They know just where to find the coolest outdoor toys. Some of them are up for grabs (they're friends' toys, or else at least they're not chained up) but many of the coolest ones (like a battery powered red convertable) are chained up, making them harder to play with (Rudy sometimes still climbs on them, and I figure that's ok, so long as he's gentle) :)
I've been on the hunt for a cool bike at a bargain of a price for Rudy, but haven't had much luck so far. I'll keep looking, but in the mean time, this free "rescued" bike seems to be filling the void. :) It'll probably end up getting passed on to one of our neigbors, who's really outgrown her baby trike and fits this one just perfect. She's already tried trading Rudy the baby trike for the big wheel, but since she has two younger brothers who love the trike, (and it's not duct taped together) I nixed the deal.

No comments: