
We're putting in an offer on THE house for us today. When Jason first suggested we look into it, I told him it was butt-ugly. So maybe it could have a better color siding, but really-it's head and shoulders above anything else we've considered, even that Springville home we were so in love with. We call it the Ugly Duckling now. Ugly at first, but really a swan in the making. Sigh. It's in North Orem, within walking distance to the city center, library, park, grocery stores galore. Less than a 1/3 mile away from the elementary school, in a great neighborhood. And it's in immaculate condition! It was built in 1953, and lived in by one owner the whole time. They took wonderful care of it and the property (.19 acres!) :) Three bedrooms, two baths, a covered patio out back-tons of built in storage- new carpet and linoleum on the top floor. All freshly painted. It's 1640 square feet. Oh man, this is the ONE! I just hope we can get under contract with it and that Loan to Own will come through in time for us. We should hear back from the listing agent by Monday at 5pm, though I'm really hoping maybe we could know by tonight...
Keep us in your prayers, will you?
***Update***
Loan to Own is history. We decided they can keep their 15K and all the red tape that goes with it. Instead, wonderful, loving, and generous family members will help us make this home ours. We are going to sign the contract tonight (hopefully). Of course, nothing's final until we've got the keys in our hands, but still...we're on the path...way closer than we've been before. I'm giddy with anticipation!!!!
4 comments:
Buying a house is so stressful and fun. I hope you get the one for you (hopefully this one!).
I'm so stoked for you!! It's really not that ugly. With some cute flowers in front, and maybe a hanging flower basket or two it would look so cute. But you're right, it's an undefinable color.
We need an update!! What's the latest with the house?
So how did it work out? That does sound like a perfect house!
Post a Comment