Sunday, October 4, 2009

MOVED!




We did it. (With the help of several family and ward members.) We successfully packed all our things and moved them from South Orem to North Orem. Whew. It wasn't my most diplomatic day, I must confess, but we did it, and its done.



Unpacking is going way slower than Jason or I expected, but it's so rewarding. The day I didn't have to search through 3 different boxes to find a flipper for my pancakes that were burning on the griddle I had just unearthed was a glorious one. :)

Our neighbors and neighborhood is GREAT. They are open, chatty but not gossipy, kind, and generous. Since we've lived here, one has offered to teach me all the mysteries of tiling when we're ready to remedy our very pink, very dated upstairs bathroom,
another has taught me all the little tricks of working with clotheslines (including how to hide underwear behind a curtain of towels), and another has offered his grapes, pears, and apples to our table. We're gonna like it here. :)

One of my neighbors even lent Rudy and me her little mini Schnauzer, Princess (complete with pink collar and glittery leash-but no matter) to bring to the park which is JUST AROUND THE CORNER. It was wonderful, 'cause having that cute, friendly dog at my side made me a kid magnet, which resulted in being a mom magnet. Instant opportunity to get to know the park frequenters.
Sigh, as Jason would say, "Everything's coming up Milhouse!"

There have been plenty of late nights, sore muscles, and aching heads to accompany all our joys, but that's OK. We'll just chalk it up to growing pains, and be thankful we can have them.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad you are all moved in. I'm not looking forward to moving and unpacking - our next stop will probably be from our rental house to an apartment (blech, but good financial move), then to a home a year or two down the road. I feel like it takes me forever to figure out exactly where I want things. I'm still moving things around here and we've been here for 2 1/2 years. Mah!

By the way - that's great you have such awesome neighbors. Free fruit and tiling tips - wahoo! I hope Rudy adjusts quickly and the wind doesn't take his snacks away again. :)

Maria said...

yeah. I just barely felt settled with the way my furniture was at the condo...after 4.5 years. I'm sure we'll be moving things around for a long time to come. It keeps things interesting, though. :) There are plenty of advantages to apartment living-like it's almost garanteed you'll find a playmate for your kid(s) and an adult to have a conversation with anytime you go out. (so long as you have a playground in the complex).