Ok. I promise this is the last post I'm writing today. Whew! I just have so many things swirling around in my head. Thus the need for this final post.
I have a million things going on right now. Big things- and more around the corner. Mostly, I love it. I find it invigorating and fun to have to be sharp about how I use my time and energy. Then sometimes I have days like today, when I've missed that sharpness and have been unbalanced in my efforts/energy.
Sometimes its hard to figure out how to fit all the pieces of my life together so that they work with and for each other instead of against each other.
Right now I'm trying to 'balance'
mothering a child on the cusp of big developmental milestones (ie. potty training, moving into a 'big kid' bed, moving downstairs into his 'big kid' room),
keeping on top of our brand new and still tender budget,
learning how to garden, deciding what I want to garden, and figuring out how to afford it and find the time and energy to do it,
preparing for a possible pregnancy,
babysitting a 15 month old for increasing amounts of time,
keeping house,
eating whole, healthful, environmentally friendly foods,
staying tuned into my husband,
preparing for a 40 pound, 6 month old pup to come join our family as a 'foster dog' for the next 6 to 12 months,
figuring out how to turn our totally outdated and not up to code downstairs basement into a cozy, safe, new room for Rudy,
and being a reliable, invested ward camp director, even though I know chances are high I won't be able to attend camp. (Prego ladies aren't allowed because of the altitude and remoteness of the site).
Not a one of these things is a 'burden'. I'm excited and happy about all of them. I just need to figure out how to give each the correct proportion of my energy, so I don't end up like I did today-with a rockin' accomplishment in the backyard (cleared my whole main garden area of a 4 inch deep layer of wood chips one shovel full at a time), but no engery left to cook a dinner meal or attack the housework I'd been putting off all day to work outside or care for Rudy and Sweet Pea. Maybe now, after 2 hours of blogging, I'm rested up enough to at least straighten the house. Or maybe the most important thing for me now is sleep. Or researching the garden stuff. Sigh. I'll probably clean the kitchen while continuing to ponder about balance. (Kitchen cleaning is good for pondering, don't you think?)
No comments:
Post a Comment