Monday, March 15, 2010

Whew!

Big sigh of relief.
Rudy's in bed.
Ty's in his crate...settled.
The kitchen...can wait 'till tomorrow.
I'm done for the day.

This afternoon actually turned out tons better than this morning. No more table dancing. No more fighting. Rudy took a nice long nap while Ty and I played and gardened and gardened and played. I was able to remember why studies show that owning a pet (especially a dog or cat) can reduce blood pressure and increase your life expectancy. Nothing like a sunny, warm afternoon, throwing the ball around with an animal full of love and energy to help distance your sorrows.
We all had a lovely walk after Rudy woke from his nap. Ty did great on the leash, and Rudy probably walked on his own for almost a mile. We had a blast, and did a lot of laughing and goofing around, which is just what I needed.

I'm still glad the day's almost over though.

The last obstacle: What will Ty do when Jason comes home at 11 pm tonight, after I've gone to bed and 'shut down' the house? Hopefully nothing...but that's doubtful. I'm trying to just prepare myself to be woken by barks and whines...and maybe even have to rise from my blissful bed to let Ty know as clearly as possible that I disagree with what he's doing. I'm still really diggin' Cesar Millan's style. He does alot of energy throwing and teaches alot about how a dog interprets various actions. I'm getting pretty good at puffing myself up and "chhhh"ing Ty. Maybe too good. Both Rudy and Sweet Pea were "chhh"ing all over the place today. And I actually "chhh"ed Rudy on accident today, instead of saying something civilized like, please don't throw that tantrum right at the exact moment I'm trying to get Ty settled into his crate. The "chh" totally worked, though. :)

No comments: