Thursday, June 10, 2010

Farm Country with Grandma

Mom took Rudy and me out to Farm Country with her Grandparents' pass last Saturday. We had tons of fun seeing all the baby animals and talking about farm life. Here's a few favorite shots of the day:
Rudy's first time ever on a horse (pony, whatever). He was totally stoked, up until she started moving. This is his expression as he realized that his perch was not so stable as he'd assumed. ;)

He recovered quickly however, probably 'cause he had Grandma right there with him to help him feel secure. Soon enough, he was lovin' the horse ride, and ready for more at the end of it. He even got brave and ventured a quick wave or two near the end, but I didn't get any decent shots of that daredevil stunt. ;)

Cheesy grins for Grandma.


Feeding the goats through the fence. It took a bit for Rudy to figure out how to do it-he kept holding the grain just out of the goat's reach and asking it to come get it. Finally he figured out that the fence was not going anywhere, and he'd have to bring the grain to the goats. :)

Petting a Clydesdale's nose. I loved how tuned in and observant he was with those giants. It was almost a reverence he held, as he said to me, "Look at his eyes!" His toddler self was distracted away before I could get further info about what he thought was special about those eyes, but I like to think he had one of those soul to soul moments with this horse. Maybe that's just the granola in me, though. ;)

1 comment:

Happy Harrison said...

I love watching kids' reactions around animals that they're encountering in real life for the first time.
On my mission I was shocked (just because it hadn't really occured to me) that none of my companions had ever seen a horse (or anything larger than a dog for that matter) in real life. Reading your post, and thinking about all the times Sunshine's had experiences like this already in her life makes my mommy heart feel so grateful we live where we do. :)