"Cowboy" stopped in for a bit while his owner scurried from work to collect him. Apparently, he dug himself out from behind his fence and set off for a grand adventure. When I saw him weaving through traffic like he was weaving through bubbles, I thought I'd better check to see if he had someone who cared to claim him. I called him over and he had this great little tag with a 24 hour pet finder number and ID on him. I called the number, gave the ID, and was patched through to his owner within 30 seconds. Awesome, huh?
Anyway, he was delightful guest, and I even began to feel the pangs of puppy hunger as he gracefully handled all the attention Rudy could dish out.
Until, that is, he squatted in the middle of my backyard to relieve himself. That's when the memory of all the responsibilities of dog ownership came flooding back to me, and I thought, "Thank goodness this is a 20 minute visit, and nothing more. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment