Nice that you can be almost 29 and still have firsts in life to experience, huh? ;)
My rockin' friend's rockin' husband sent she and I off to what was my first ever manicure and pedicure, or mani/pedi, as 'they' call it.
Amazing. It's something I'd always wanted to try, and had actually been kinda wishing for lately even.
Thanks so much Matt! You're a peach- and there are at least 4 ladies in the world who know it (Bonnie, me, and the two ladies who did our pampering yesterday.)
Bonnie's nails (and the treat we stopped for after the pampering session).
The final result. I wish you could see how soft my hands and feet feel-that's the best part. ;)
Oh-and a side story about Bonnie's amazing hospitality:
Matt had called earlier in the day to arrange a surprise get away for Bonnie. So while he and I were in cahoots, Bonnie had no idea about what lay ahead.
I had no idea to what extent Bonnie had no idea, so when I showed up right at nap time and put my son to bed in her daughter's bed, (as instructed by Matt before hand), I assumed he'd at least given her some kind of heads up about the whole Rudy will be napping in Amy's bed thing.
Nope.
LOL-I can't believe how absolutely gracious that sweet Bonnie was! She just set little Amy up in her makeshift bed in their walk-in closet, and was grateful I felt comfortable enough with her to have a serious 'mi casa es su casa' mentality in her home.
Holy cow-I would not have passed that hospitality test. I'm sure I'd have figured out a way to nap all our kids at my place at a moment's notice, but I'd have wanted some sort of story first at least, and probably would have put Amy on the floor instead of Rudy.
(Amy did get to sleep in her bed in the end, which is nice, because Rudy wanted the novelty of camping out in the closet more than the coolness of sleeping in Amy's new bed.)
Those Parks are pretty cool people, they are, pretty cool indeed. :)
1 comment:
That all sounds deeelightful (the mani/pedi as well as the treat to follow).
I kind of laughed when I read this because I told Clay that I'm getting one before this babies born. My friend told me she always gets a pedicure the week she's due so that when her legs are in the sturups she has something pretty to look at and focus on. I'm certainly not planning on any sturup action, but I still thought it was a fun idea to do a pedicure before the birth. I've never had one either, so I'm totally looking forward to it. This post makes me even more excited!
Post a Comment