Sunday, January 4, 2009

The End of an Era

R.I.P. Maggie Mae
It's official. There are absolutely no pets in our home. Our sweet, feeble old rat, Maggie, died last Tuesday. I've had pets since I was something like four years old (with brief sabbaticals for dorm life and mission life), so its kinda eery not to have a little life form hanging out in our house. A few people have told me that Rudy should count, but he's on a whole different plane. I guess it's ok to treat your pets like your kids if you HAVE to, but turning that around is just WRONG! :)


My first reaction was to procure a fish tank off craigslist, but the sweet deal I found fell through (bummer!) and left me with only mildly cool alternatives. This gave me a little time to think things through and realize I'm really just on pet rebound. I gotta chill for a bit and see if I really want one more thing depending on me right now. Jason's school schedule is just gonna get more demanding as he nears graduation (Hooray!-about graduation, not demanding schedules), and Rudy's gonna get to be more and more of a handful as he learns to open doors, climb gates, and undress himself. Do I really want to try to remember if I fed the fish on top of that?

No comments: