Friday, January 30, 2009

True Winter


I went to Midway on Monday to spend some time with my sister and mom on their day's off. We went on a walk up the canyon to get some fresh air, and boy did we get fresh air! Woohoooo! It was WINDY, and beautiful. Rudy tapped out pretty early, and Heidi was kind enough to take him home for me, so I could finish the walk (which felt more like a hike, with all the snow). It was so magical with the sun shining on all the freshly fallen snow, and the little snow flakes floating around in the air like so many little snow fairies, bestowing their beauty on the world. Mutti and I were talking about how this is true winter. This is what makes winter so great...pure white snow dazzling in the sunlight-not a spot of that gross black slush that litters the streets throughout the winter. Anyway, it was a nice nature muffin moment for me. Thanks Heidi, for taking my little man so I could stay out. :)

No comments: