The whirlwind of getting under contract, securing a loan, and preparing to move has affected all of our equilibriums, I think. We all have our different ways of dealing with the loss of our routine. Rudy's is pancakes.
He has insisted on having pancakes every morning for about 2 weeks now. He doesn't mind variations in the ingredients or toppings, so I've managed not to get sick of pancakes yet. Today we had my favorite kind of pancakes by far: whole wheat pancakes with pecans. We eat them with honey (Rudy's favorite condiment of all time) and blueberries. Yummy-and nutritious enough to make me feel good about feeding Rudy the same breakfast over and over.
So amid all the changes, there is one thing we can count on every day:
We will get out our 'pancake bowl'...
toss the ingredients in while the griddle is heating up, and watch as the pancakes bubble and brown...
before eating them in 'our' spots at the table and washing them down with milk.
I'm glad Rudy has the wisdom to demand a little consistency in this crazy time.
No comments:
Post a Comment