
On Saturday, I had my 28th birthday. It was a lovely day filled with doing things I felt like doing, spending time with family, and eating good food. Even the weather was beautiful (until the night, but I kinda like stormy nights). The next day, Jason, Rudy and I headed up to my parents' house to enjoy more good food and great company. It was just awesome.
I just did a search for an image of 28 to stick in this post, and learned some really cool things about my current number of years:
28 is a perfect number, meaning it is the sum of all it's divisors (1,2,4,7,14). The first perfect number is 6, the next one is 496. So, I think it's safe to say that this is the last time I'll get to have a perfect number describe my age. It is also one of seven magic numbers in physics. A magic number is a number of nucleons (that's either protons or neutrons for those of you who have been out of school for as long as I have) that results in them being arranged into complete shells within the atomic nucleus. This kind of arrangement creates super stable isotopes. So maybe this year I'll finally master emotional stability! Though with a move and a pregnancy on the horizon, I can't quite see myself as emotionally stable in the near future. Maybe I'll be able to achieve some Zen by imagining I'm a super stable isotope with the magic number of nucleons to make me very resistant to breakdown(s). :)
Anyway, I started this post to make a list of twenty-eight things I love about life to celebrate my birthday, so with no further ado, here goes, in no particular order:
1) sleeping in freshly washed sheets with freshly shaved legs 2) holding Jason's hand, and thinking of the first funny moment our hands ever touched. 3) reading books deep into the night while telling myself "one more chapter...one more chapter" 4) reading way more bed time stories than Rudy needs to settle down and fall asleep, just because we're enjoying our snuggly, giggly moments too much to put an end to them. 5) those mornings when you wake up energized and ready for an exciting day. 6)heartfelt prayer 7) a long phone call with a loved one 8) peanut butter and chocolate 9) feeling the warm sun on my skin 10) gulping down cool water on a hot day 11) healthy, beautiful houseplants 12) good dreams 13) snuggling into Jason in the middle of the night when I get too cold by myself 14)blogging 15) the smell of changing seasons-fall is probably my favorite smell. 16) finishing a task, and taking a moment to revel in a job well done 17) babies 18) toddlers! 19) watching trees' branches sway in the breeze 20) swinging so high I leave my stomach behind 21) Feeling warm earth beneath my bare feet 22) fussing over my aquarium 23)warm, moist, whole wheat pancakes with blueberries and honey 24) daydreaming 25)going to the library 26) feeling strong and invincible as I run 27) feeling the Holy Ghost testify of truth 28) Good, solid hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment