A couple weeks ago, we picked up a cute kid sized rocking chair with great potential from a garage sale for $2. I thought I'd be able to fabreeze the smoky smell out of it, but NO, that smoke was goin' NOWHERE. So, instead of just recovering the cushion, I ended up having to tear the whole thing apart, paint the wood (to trap in the smell) and entirely replace the cushion. Not so easy as I had though it'd be when I bought it, but still fun and fulfilling to 'rehab' this old smoky, grimy thing into something fun and cute again. Rudy helped pick out the fabric. :)
Before
After
1) Never buy something from a smoking home unless you don't mind that smoky smell.
2) Measure twice, cut once. :)
3) Re-upholstering is not as simple or quick as you may think.
2 comments:
It really is absolutely adorable! Good Job!
Good for you. As we scrolled down to the second picture Amy said "oh cute." I was amused. The chair looks great, and I think you're awesome!
Post a Comment