This week has been a stressful one. An emotional one. A busy one. A hair pullingly SLOW one while at the same time a neck breakingly fast one. Welcome to closing on a house, I guess.
With piles of paper work, heaps of emails and tons of telephone calls crowding my days, I needed something to help me remember to BREATHE. Something to restore some kind of a rhythm to my discombobulated soul.
So I pulled out the needle and thread. I spent some time focusing on that good feeling of working with fabric I love, and just pulling the needle in and out, in and out. (I also used the sewing machine, so that I could actually accomplish something with all those crafting vibes I was feeling, but the hand stitching was the more therapeutic of the two.)
At the end of my "therapy", I had created two bags. One Mama size bag for our trips to the library and wherever else a cavernous bag is helpful to have. (Which is pretty well everywhere, if you've got a toddler in tow.) :) The other one is toddler size. I made a little library bag for the daughter of one of my good friends, Bonnie, who just turned two last month. Bonnie's a huge reader, and she takes Amy to the library often (or at least she did before Noel was born...I don't know how often they make it there now, but somehow, I think Bonnie finds a way...I can't imagine she could stay away from the library for too long with out just shriveling up and dying.) :)
Anyway, they were fun to make, and I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Being able to make them for absolutely free made it better yet.
2 comments:
lol. It's true. I would shrivel up and die without going to the library. (It's also true that I've made it there a lot less since Noel was born, but that could also be because we had an INSANELY busy summer.) Thanks again for the bag. It's SO cute! I hope we do make it to the library this week - if for no other reason, so Amy can collect books in her bag.) Please let me know if/ how I can help you guys get ready for the move. Btw, how was the new ward? (assuming that's where you ended up today since we didn't see you.)
I feel your pain, oh how I feel your pain.
I've got some moving boxes if you need any.
Drop Rudy off ANYTIME you need time without a toddler around "helping" you, or give me a call if you need me to come pick him up. I even have an extra pack-n-play if his nap time merges with play time.
Post a Comment