Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mama!

Yesterday, Rudy finally said Mama, clear as a bell, in context. He's repeated it a few times since, though it's definitely not a key word in his vocab right now. No matter-it's cool enough to just have heard my little boy call my name. I've been pining for the day that little ones would call me Mama for what seems like FOREVER. So, yeah, though it doesn't really change a thing, it was a treat to hear Rudy's sweet little voice addressing me directly. I'm counting it as his Mother's Day gift to me. I don't know if he'll ever be able to top it. :)

1 comment:

Kat Curtis said...

HOOORRRAYYY!!! That is the best day ever! It took both of my boys until they were about 18 months old to finally say "mama". They'd said "dada" forever before that, but that was sweet music when they finally got my name down. Happy mother's day to you! :)

Tinker toys are great too. I'm afraid they would make better weapons than toys at this point with the boys though....