Weaning is the pits. Bleh. I think I might be more moody than little Rudy about the whole thing. No longer nursing, on the other hand, is very appealing, so I'm finally biting the bullet and charging through the weaning jungle in order to reach the cool waters of absolute freedom. Imagine: Jason and I could go for a weekend away. (Or, more realistically, and practically as good, Rudy could go for a weekend away at one of his adoring grandparents' homes and Jason and I could chill baby free in our own home.) :)
Not that having Rudy around isn't awesome-most of the time it is-but sometimes even the most doting parents need a little space.
So, we're a week into this jungle, and down to two nursing sessions. One before his afternoon nap (which only lasts a half hour to 45 minutes-but that's better than the no naps he was taking before) and one before going down for the night. That means that our mornings from about 6 am to about noon are garnished with boneless meltings to the floor, screaming, whining, moaning and otherwise carrying on about how we have missed our two morning nursing sessions. The best antidote I have found is going outside, where Rudy can be distracted by all the awesomeness that nature (and man) have to offer. Needless to say, both Rudy and I have stunning farmer's tans. :)
Here's a few pictures of our "forget all your worries" excursions in Midway yesterday. (Rudy and I spent the night Sunday night.) This was the first morning I cut his "welcome to the new day" nursing session. It went really well-probably 'cause we were at my parent's house and there were so many new and amazing things to investigate. Today, unfortunately, went quite poorly. Here's to a better day tomorrow. :)
Not that having Rudy around isn't awesome-most of the time it is-but sometimes even the most doting parents need a little space.
So, we're a week into this jungle, and down to two nursing sessions. One before his afternoon nap (which only lasts a half hour to 45 minutes-but that's better than the no naps he was taking before) and one before going down for the night. That means that our mornings from about 6 am to about noon are garnished with boneless meltings to the floor, screaming, whining, moaning and otherwise carrying on about how we have missed our two morning nursing sessions. The best antidote I have found is going outside, where Rudy can be distracted by all the awesomeness that nature (and man) have to offer. Needless to say, both Rudy and I have stunning farmer's tans. :)
Here's a few pictures of our "forget all your worries" excursions in Midway yesterday. (Rudy and I spent the night Sunday night.) This was the first morning I cut his "welcome to the new day" nursing session. It went really well-probably 'cause we were at my parent's house and there were so many new and amazing things to investigate. Today, unfortunately, went quite poorly. Here's to a better day tomorrow. :)
Checking out a night crawler
Off in his own world
Watching his step in the marshes
A trip outside wouldn't be complete without blowing at least one dandelion fluff.
Out with our newest craigslist purchase: a backpack carrier.
My barefoot boy
Showing Oma the flower he picked
Rudy, Oma, and Sam
Rudy and Oma








No comments:
Post a Comment