There are two types of people in the world: those who hate Mother's Day, and those who love it. I love Mother's Day. Especially now that I'm a mom. It's a great opportunity for me to evaluate where I'm at and where I want to be as a mom. A reminder that all the little everyday stuff adds up and really matters. A chance to reflect upon the great examples of motherhood that I have been blessed to be surrounded by my whole life. It's just a great day!
This Mother's Day was especially cool for me. I started the day out with a beautiful early morning stroll with Rudy while I listened to talks from the last session of Conference on my new TOTALLY FREE iPod. It was marvelous, invigorating, and inspiring. When I came home, I found a note dangling from the stairwell at eye level that said:"Maria, I love you so much that I don't think I can count the ways...but I can list them alphabetically." Going up the stairs, to our door, and throughout the house were 3x5's with all the letters of the alphabet on them, a word to correspond with each letter, and an explanation of how that word describes the things that Jason loves about me. My heart was all a flutter. :) I'm going to put all the little cards in my journal, so that I can read them when ever I have one of those "I'm the biggest loser in the world" days. I'll also list the words here, so that I can remember them in our family history too. :) So, here's me alphabetically, according to Jason:
Amazing, Brilliant, Crazy love (one of "our" songs), Delicious, Extraordinary, Fantastic, Generous, Humble, Inspiring, Jubilant, Kind, Lovable, Mama, Nurturing, Original, Patient, Queenly, Reverent, Splendiferous, Tenacious, Unique, Vibrant, Wife, XOXO, Yummy, and Zippy.
Anyway, maybe it seems cheesy to some of you, but this is right up my alley when it comes to romantic expressions of love. :) I melted. After great church meetings, Rudy actually took a nap (Wahoo!) and then we went to Jason's parents' house for dinner. Rudy and I spent the night so that Jason and I could stay up talking and playing games with Mom and Dad. Like I said, it was a great day.
2 comments:
Fun! I'm glad you had a great day! And I think those cards from Jason are sweet and cute! Yay for Mother's Day!
So Cute! I love fun surprises like that!! Way to go Jason.
Post a Comment