Monday, July 6, 2009

Baby

We welcomed a new baby into our home last Friday.

Baby doll, that is. Rudy's been really cute with some of his friends' baby dolls, so I thought I'd buy him one. It'll be good practice for caring for his yet to be conceived little sibling. That, and I just really wanted a baby doll to dress up. :)


As it so happens, I haven't really found a good opportunity to make respectable clothes for our newest addition (who came to us naked as can be from DI). Right now he's wearing a shirt sleeve off of one of Rudy's old stained shirts. Hopefully I'll find a moment to make something a bit cuter in the near future, but it'll have to be when Jason's around to watch Rudy while I sew. Since day one, Rudy has slept with "Baby". Here's a shot of them at nap time today:

Baby's been a real pal for Rudy:He has had his head iced, cream applied, and nose suctioned to list just a few of the things he has let Rudy do so that they wouldn't be so scary or irritating when Rudy had to have them done. Rudy also looks out for Baby-making sure he gets his share of food and water, and reminding me to get him out of the crib when I'm getting Rudy. This could be the beginning of a long friendship. Then again, maybe Rudy will move onto something new in a few days. You never know with toddlers. :)

1 comment: