We've been training separately for just over 3 months-this was our first time running together. We both have "barely faster than walking" paces, so we chose the 12 minute a mile pace marker to line ourselves up with. That was just about perfect.
Finally, it's time for the rubber to hit the road. :)
And we're off to a strong start!
At the Finish Line. Those water bottles were our "prize", though I think our sense of accomplishment was a way better prize than a little plastic and some free Gatorade. :)
Posing with Captain America. We pretty much felt like super heroes, having accomplished our goal, and even beating the time we were shooting for by almost 15 minutes. (We finished in 1 hour, 15 minutes. We thought it'd take us about 1 and a half hours.)
Ahh, sweet victory! Heidi and I decided to try to eat 25 dollars worth of food at the end of the race, since we got gauged with the "almost late" registration fee. I'm sure we didn't even come close. :)
Even though we had to pay an extra $10, I think it was worth it. It helped me so much to have Heidi doing the training program with me. She helped me stick to the program, and actually get signed up for a race. Our next goal: run faster. Hopefully in about 3 more months, I'll be posting about running 10K in under an hour. Woohoo, baby!






1 comment:
Way to go!! That's a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment