Rudy, the child I thought just wasn't a napper, has become a regular napper!!! (knock on wood). For the last two days, he's even napped for 3 hours straight! He's come into the pattern of having a morning snooze while I go for a run or walk, and then sleeping in his crib every (and I mean EVERY) afternoon. Sigh. It's lovely. Before, Rudy would just nurse FOREVER in the afternoons and kinda zonk out while attached to me, but he would rarely go down for a nap on his own. Now that he's a bed time nursing only kid, afternoon naps have emerged! Hooray! Hurrah! Haroooo!
Weaning is a good thing. A very good thing. As soon as we're back from our Bear Lake trip, I'm cutting our last session. I don't think it'll be too bad, 'cause even the last two days, I've put Rudy down after some nursing time but before he was asleep, and he did ok.
One problem with all this napping and no nursing: I'm not getting near as much reading in. I have a book I'm really interested in right now, which I would have normally flown through within 2 or 3 days, but I'm still under 10 pages into it. I just can't justify reading when I could be doing other things. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait till baby # 2 is nursing 8 hours a day. Although, Rudy will be around too then...hmm...I have a feeling my reading days are kinda over until I'm a little old lady sitting in my lazy chair stroking my lap dog and sucking on my dentures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment