Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh My Darlin'....

Bruce has a new and improved tank, thanks to Heidi's generous lending of her 10 gallon equipment to me. All I had to buy was gravel and some filer inserts, and presto- Bruce went from a little Betta Condo to a spacious mansion. If only it were that easy for us to get into a spacier home!

To go with his new tank, I bought him a tankmate. Her name's Clemintine. She's a Golden Mystery Snail. I love how bright she is. She's even got apricot freckles on her body. So far, Bruce tolerates her just fine, and she seems to do the same for him. Rudy really likes her. He calls her "SSSS" which is his word for snails. Sometimes he calls her TieTie-his toddler adaption of Clemintine.

I've had "Oh My Darlin' Clemintine" stuck in my head all day today. Hopefully, it wears off, or I'll have to change her name!


2 comments:

Happy Harrison said...

Oooo! Aaahh! I love her color! You always come up with the best names for your pets.

Maria said...

Thanks for the ooos and aaahs. That's extra special coming from someone who could hardly care less about pets. ;)