Jason and I starting eating healthfully about 2 weeks ago. We just got fed up with feeding ourselves junk all the time. For my part, I actually found a lot of motivation to change in Rufus, our cat. Sounds funny, huh?
I had just taken him to the vet for his well check and vaccines. During our visit, the vet and I chatted about proper feline diet and the type of food and amount I should be feeding Rufus to help him stay the lean, healthy specimen he is. :) Turns out I needed to be feeding him half as much as I had been, so that day, I simply cut his food portions in half. Easy. Done. Rufus is now on the road to a long life of health.
All Rufus's protests got me thinking about why I was willing to make a needed, yet uncomfortable change for my pet's health, but not for myself. Hmm.
I decided that I needed to be as matter of fact about my nutrition as I am about Rufus's. About that time, Jason said he wanted to start eating better foods to lose some weight. So, the next week (I needed some time to pump myself up to it) we started the 8 minutes in the Morning diet by Jorge Cruise with Jason. It's simple, healthful, and only the cost of a book (which we already had from past attempts at weight loss and better nutrition.) The program combines short morning exercises (8 minutes long) with great nutrition. WE LOVE IT! We both feel so much better-not so sluggish and weighed down. We love knowing that we're helping our bodies with the things we eat, instead of hindering them. Hooray for good health! Hooray for real food! Hooray for Rufus! ;)
1 comment:
Good for you!!! I've done the 8 minutes in the morning diet as well. I liked it! Good luck you guys!
Post a Comment