Jason teases me because I can't seem to be content with setting up a tank and letting it be. I'm constantly rearranging, day dreaming, tweaking. Well, here's the latest tweak:
I got sick of feeding 3 phantom cory catfish. They never came out because Rufus was totally stalking them. I swear he had some sort of sixth sense and came busting out from around the corner, ready to bat at the glass the minute one of those guys scurried out to grab a bite to eat. Ridiculous.
Bruce (the Betta) is full enough of himself that he just flounces his precious little fins in front of Rufus, as if to say, "Hey Doofus- I mean Rufus- when you gonna figure out there's GLASS between us?"
Anyway, an incurable case of brown algae on top of the phantom fish issue sealed the deal on losing the 10 gallon tank. It just got too much natural light where it was, but there was really no other viable option for location. So I tore down the tank, brought my corys back to the pet store, and housed Bruce back into his 2.5 gallon condo. He's happy as a clam-I think he may even enjoy not having to work so hard to get to the top of the tank to eat (he's a bit lazy).
The pet store will usually buy back fish at a discounted price, but this time they had so many corys they told me they would just take them from me as a favor. As much as I appreciated having them off my hands, I felt a bit lame giving them 3 perfectly healthy and beautiful fish for nothing, knowing they'd turn around and sell them at $4 a pop. So I instigated a trade.
I made sure to have some good quality tank talk with the fish dude on duty that afternoon before I asked if he'd at least trade me an African dwarf frog for the trio I'd brought in. Deal! Awesome. I've been wanting to try an aquatic frog in my Betta tank, and now here's my chance to do it for free! (sorta)
Bruce and Wally are getting along swimmingly, and I'm again happy with the tank (for now) ;)
2 comments:
I TOLD you I'd be coming to your blog! (Although this soon probably makes me seem like a creep!) I hope you don't mind me adding you to my stalking list!!
I must say that few things turn me on to a blog like some ELO playing in the background! Excellent choice. :)
Stalk away, Melissa! Good to have you. :) I'm excited to check out your blog!
Post a Comment